Cookie Sheet To Do List Tutorial

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Today I want to share the tutorial on how to create the to do list from my organization board.

SONY DSC

I started with the items pictured below:
  • cookie sheet size 9x13
  • 2 rulers
  • a role of wrapping paper
  • a wooden rod or a hanger(just cut the bottom of the hanger off to create a rod)
  • a pad of construction paper
All items were purchased at the dollar store. The final total to complete this project was $5.

SONY DSC

Lets look at how to create your own to do list:

1. Start with your rulers. Make sure you purchase rulers that have a hole at the end. Or you can purchase rulers without holes. You will just need to drill your own holes into the ruler. I say take the easy way and get rulers with the holes.

rulers

2. Cut one of your rulers. My cookie sheet measured 9 inches across. I cut my ruler down to 8 inches. Although, I wish that I had cut it at about 8 1/2 inches. You may want to try that length instead. As you make this cut, make sure that those 8 inches of ruler don’t include the hole. You will need the hole in the next step.

SONY DSC

3. Next cut the holes off the end of both rulers. I cut each of mine at 1 1/2 inches long.

DSC02781

My cookie sheet is about 3/4 of an inch tall. Whatever the height of your cookies sheet make sure that the ruler hole sits above the top edge of the cookie sheet. You are going to stick your rod through the ruler hole. You want to make sure that the rod sits above the cookie sheet so that it can be easily removed so you can replace your roll of paper when it runs out.

DSC02780

4. Cut your roll of wrapping paper. You want to cut it 1/2 an inch shorter than you cut your ruler length in step 2. I cut up my roll of wrapping paper into 7 1/2 inch pieces. I was able to cut my roll of wrapping paper in to three pieces. Now I have a roll for my to do list, plus two back up rolls for when I run out.

SONY DSC

5. Next cut your rod. If your rod or your hanger is longer than your cookie sheet than you will need to cut to the correct length. I cut my rod down to an 8 1/2 inch piece. Just shorter then the width of my 9 inch cookie sheet.

SONY DSC

6. Next I painted my ruler pieces white.

SONY DSC

7. Once the ruler was dry, I glued it to my cookie sheet. First I glued the ruler ends with the holes to the top sides of my cookie sheet.

SONY DSC

Then I glued the 8 inch piece of ruler to the bottom middle of my cookie sheet.

SONY DSC

7. Next I took my rod and put it through one of the ruler holes.

SONY DSC

8. Then I slid on my roll of paper, and then I pushed the rod through the second ruler hole.

SONY DSC

9. Then I took the roll of paper and slid it down though the ruler. The reason for this being that when I need to cut off my to do list, I can scroll the paper through the ruler and rip it off with the sharp edge of the ruler.

SONY DSC

Now you can create your own to do list with just a few dollar store items.

SONY DSC
41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

9 comments:

  1. What a fantastic Idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo cute! I love it. Would look perfect in my kitchen! Thanks for sharing
    Rebecca @ heronscrafts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever! I love all the ways that cookie sheets are being repurposed these days.

    Congrats on the TT&J Feature :)

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is such a cute idea! www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic project! I would love it if you would consider sharing it at my Pinworthy Projects Link Party over at Just Us Four!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you used wrapping paper!! And a cookie sheet? Say what! This is incredible! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When u glue the 8in ruler to the bottom won't it stick and not let the paper go through? Or is there atrick to it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.